Posted by Lou on May 6, 2016
Brothers and sisters,
We received the following message from the Employee’s Retirement System of Rhode Island (ERSRI), saying that the online system is being upgraded. See below.
Dear Labor Leader,
The Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island (ERSRI) is upgrading its computer system to a modern technology platform that will enable us to deliver better customer service.
The system upgrade will NOT impact the monthly pension payroll. Retirees’ pension payments WILL be made as regularly scheduled on the last business day of the month.
Here is important information you can share with constituents who may contact you with questions about changes to the system:
- ERSRI is moving to a modern technology platform that will enable us to deliver better customer service.
- The new system will allow for future integration between ERSRI and TIAA (the Defined
Contribution Plan) websites.
- The new system will enhance the benefit estimate tool and offer easier navigation with a new look and feel.
During the conversion there are a few items you may communicate to your constituents if asked:
- Address changes cannot be made through the ERSRI website from May 9 to June 6. However, your constituents may mail changes or contact ERSRI directly.
- There may be delays in processing retirement applications, benefit and eligibility estimates and changes to account information as we transfer to the new system.
We appreciate your constituents’ patience during this transition, and will make every effort to respond to all inquiries and requests as quickly as possible.
Please feel free to contact my office with any questions, at (401) 462-7600.
Executive Director, Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island
Also, please remember that the 2016 Giovanni Folcarelli Scholarship applications are due May 21. Children and grandchildren of members in good standing are eligible for this award. The application packet can be found on the RI Council 94 website.